Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sugar Free Hot Cocoa

I was looking for something to satisfy my sweet tooth this weekend without all the extra calories. Oh what to eat even though a Hershey bar is calling my name!!! So I settled for making some sugar free hot cocoa. I was surprised that it actually calmed down my craving and I was satisfied. It had just enough chocolaty flavor to trick my tummy. Try it, you won't be disappointed!



"Perfectly Chocolate" Sugar Free Hot Cocoa

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon Hershey's Cocoa
Dash salt
1 cup nonfat milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sugar Substitute with sweetening equivalence of 2 tablespoons sugar


Directions:

Mix cocoa and salt in mug. Heat milk in microwave at HIGH (100%) 1-1/2 minutes or until hot. Gradually add hot milk to cocoa mixture in mug, stirring until well blended. Stir in vanilla and sugar substitute. 1 serving.

I, of course, had to add whipped cream to the top. Yum!

Recipe from Hershey's.com.

3 comments:

Melody said...

I've got to try that! Great recipe. Thanks.

Cakebrain said...

I have a chocolate craving just about every day. I ought to give this a try!

Super Healthy Kids said...

My kids would love this!