Red Velvet Cake Balls
1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. I ended up using only 3/4 of the can of frosting and it was plenty.
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50.) I used my tablespoon to measure out the dough or use a mini ice-cream scoop.
4. Chill for several hours. You can speed this up by putting in the freezer. (Easy make ahead step-Stick them in the freezer overnight to be ready to dip the next day.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.) Melt a few pieces of chocolate bark at a time before it starts to cool and thicken. It's easier to work with when it's hot.
7. Cake balls are ready to eat in only a few minutes of drying time and they are so delicious! (I melted about 6-7 red candy melts to drizzle over the top for a finished presentation.) Enjoy!