12 large potatoes or 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen shredded hash browns
2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups sour cream
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 cups crushed corn flakes
2 tbsp butter, melted
- Peel potatoes and boil for 30 minutes, until just tender.
- Cool and grate into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. (Or toss hash browns in dish)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine soup, sour cream, cheese. 1/2 cup melted butter and onion.
- Gently blend into the potatoes.
- Combine cornflakes and 2 tbsp melted butter. Sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.