Thursday, April 10, 2008

Frozen Strawberry Layered Dessert

I was craving cake and ice cream tonight so I decided to come up with a dessert to satisfy my craving. I didn't measure anything I just added what looked good.

My Ingredients:

Angel food cake
Vanilla ice cream
Fresh strawberries
Whipped cream
Hershey's chocolate sauce
1 square dark chocolate

First I mixed some ice cream with fresh strawberries in the blender. Next I cut out two circles of angel food cake with the cylinders pictured below. I put one circle of cake in the bottom of the cylinder, scooped ice cream in the middle and topped with another circle of cake. I placed it on a plate in the freezer for about 45 minutes to make sure it was frozen. I drizzled chocolate sauce on my plate. Next I pushed the cake and ice cream out of the cylinder onto the middle of the plate. Finally I topped it with whipped cream, strawberries, and cut up dark chocolate. It was soooo good! It definately satisfied my craving.

No comments: