Sunday, September 21, 2008

Idaho Annual Spud Day

Hurray for spud day! Being Idahoans we just had to celebrate potato day. After all aren't potatoes what alot of people associate with Idaho? We ate creamed potatoes and peas. I already saved this recipe on my blog under the potato link. It's one of my husband's favorites.

Creamed potatoes and peas with pot roast.

Then for dessert my mom made an apple raisin cake with potato crust. It was so good we had to sample it before dinner! You can see her recipe on http://rhondasrantsravingsandcravings.blogspot.com.
You couldn't even tell it had potatoes in the crust. It tasted more like pie.

We also had to make Idaho potato doughnuts. Yum! The recipe is on my previous post. If I wasn't so lazy I would have made hash browns for breakfast too!

No comments: