Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm bananas 4 U!

This is my first ever cookie bouquet! Collin wanted to give something to his cousin Kaitlyn for Valentine's day so I thought, Perfect! I got a cookie bouquet guinea pig! I've been wanting to try to make one of these for awhile now. It was so much fun to put together.

Baking the cookies took a lot longer than I thought it would since I could only fit two cookies on each cookie sheet. These were big cookies!

I didn't have an actual monkey cookie cutter so I improvised. Using my bear cookie cutter I cut off his ears and placed them down lower. It actually worked out great. Icing these little guys was the best part. I just love cute little monkey faces!


This cookie on the other hand was a disaster. I got too lazy to make royal icing so I just used my regular icing. The tip was too big and the letters spread farther than I wanted but Kaitlyn loved it and that's all that mattered.


I had to test out the placement before putting it all together.


Here's the final result! It was a big hit. When I delivered it to the school the other kids wanted to know where thiers was. I learned a lot making this and hope to improve next time.


1 comment:

Mandy said...

Kami,

You are so creative! This is the cutest basket I have ever seen. You guys are the best! Also, tell the kids thank you for the valentine's day cards. They made my day.