Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Chocolate Sandwich Cookies*

When I saw this recipe on Bakerella
I knew that I just had to make some!
Of course being the chocolate lover that
I am I used chocolate fudge cake mix
instead of red velvet.
They are soooo goood!!!

Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies
1 Box red velvet cake mix*
1/2 Cup butter, softened to room temperature
2 Eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix ingredients until combined.
Drop spoonfuls of cookie batter onto baking sheet about two inches apart.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Cool.
Cream Cheese Filling
1/2 Cup butter, softened to room temperature
1 8 oz. Package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 1lb. Box of confectioner's sugar
1 tsp Vanilla

In a mixer, cream butter, cream cheese and vanilla.
Gradually add sugar and mix until smooth.
Makes about 24 cookies or 12 cookie sandwiches.
* Any cake mix should work.

Note: For some reason I had a lot of leftover frosting. I might have to cook up some cupcakes and use the rest in the middle!


No comments: