- 1 lb. ground round
- 1 26-ounce jar low-fat spaghetti sauce
- 1 16-ounce carton fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooking Spray
- 1 8-ounce package precooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup (4-ounces) pre-shredded reduced-fat mild cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook meat in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well, and return to pan. Add sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Combine cottage and Parmesan cheeses in a bowl; set aside.
Spread 1/2 cup meat mixture in bottom of a 13x9 -inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 noodles over meat mixture; top with half of cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup meat mixture, and 1/3 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat layer, ending with noodles. Spread remaining meat mixture over noodles. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garish with parsley, if desired.
Yield: 9 servings
CALORIES: 275 (20% from fat); FAT: 6.2g; IRON: 2.8mg; CHOLESTEROL: 43mg; CALCIUM: 181mg; CARBOHYDRATE: 26.1g; SODIUM: 584mg; PROTEIN: 28.1g; FIBER: 1.9g.