Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My first cake!

This month has been a whirlwind of icing! Why? Because I am now taking my first ever cake decorating course. My mom is so gifted in the sugar arts and now I decided that I would like to learn how she does it all.

cake


I know, I know, my cake isn't the greatest but hey it was my first try. It was a learning process. I'm not very talented when it comes to smoothing out the icing. It's a pain in the rear!


Photobucket


Plus, my icing lines weren't the best on the side. You could even see some of the cake peeping through where the icing wasn't connected very well! In the end all that mattered was that my kids loved it and I had a lot of fun with everyone else in the class. That's all that matters right?? Plus I know I'll get better with time. How could I not with such an awesome teacher! Luv ya mom!


No comments: