Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Multi-Bean Salsa

Okay, so last night I was looking at my sorry excuse for cooked tortillas and I didn't want them to go to waste! I must have over-cooked them because they were too hard to roll into burritos. Then I got an epiphany. Why not chop them up and use them with salsa? Then my brain started rolling some more and I started throwing cans out of my pantry that could be used for salsa. The recipe below is what I came up with. It was actually very yummy even though I bet no one else in my family will eat it!


Multi-Bean Salsa

Ingredients:
1 15.25 oz. can whole kernel corn-drained
1 15 oz. can kidney beans-rinsed and drained
1 15 oz. can black beans-rinsed and drained
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with chilies-drained
1/4 cup mild salsa

Directions:
Toss ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Serve with chips (or in my case tortillas chopped into triangles). Enjoy!




No comments: