Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Collin's Dinner

The other night my sweet little boy Collin wanted to make dinner. What did he want? Pork chops baby! We got out our spices and he got to work.

At first he wanted to go and change because he didn't want to be photographed in his pajamas. What's wrong with cooking in your P.J.'s? I can't believe how embarrassed he gets at little things these days. Anyways he helped me measure out the spices into a sandwich bag.

Then he shook it all up. I think that was his favorite part.

He placed them on the broiler pan and then we put it in the oven and waited until it smelled so yummy we couldn't stand it anymore and had to get it out of the oven.

Here's the end result. Do you know what Collin said as he was eating them?
He said, "Mom do you know why these pork chops are so good?"
I said, "Why?"
"Because I made them!"
Silly boy.

Collin's Pork Chops
Ingredients:
2 T yellow cornmeal
2 T whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp garlic pepper grinders
3-4 medium sized pork chops

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Measure ingredients into a plastic sandwich bag. Place one pork chop at a time into the bag and shake until covered. (May dredge in milk first if spices don't want to stick.) Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.



Collin also had to make chocolate pudding for dessert. Who was I to complain?

His sissy was especially grateful!
Thanks for cooking Collin. I love it when someone else does the work!


3 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for following my blog and entering my giveaway! I added this blog to my google reader. If you'd like me to view your other blog, I'd love an invite!

Pink Little Cake said...

Wow! everyone is having a lot of fun and you are lucky to have a big helper in the house.Great blog!

ARUNA said...

wow that's so sweet of ur baby boy.....and thanks for stopping by my blog yaa!!!!