Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pumpkin Struesel Muffins

I was having a MAJOR craving for pumpkin crunch bars but I couldn't find a recipe that didn't use 3 or more eggs and didn't use nuts on top. Sooooo....I made up one! Sort of. I made them into muffins instead but they satisfied the craving just as good.


Here's what I came up with!
Ingredients:
Muffin:
1 yellow cake mix
15 oz. can pure pumpkin
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Struesel Topping:
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
4 T melted margarine
Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl stir together cake mix, pumpkin and cinnamon until well blended. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Toss together all the ingredients for topping saving melted margarine for last. Press 1 T of packed topping on each muffin. Bake for 20 minutes.
Makes approximately 18 cupcakes.



No comments: